help-gnutrition

Re: [help-gnutrition] Add and edit custom nutritional information

From: Sarah Miller
Subject: Re: [help-gnutrition] Add and edit custom nutritional information
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 20:26:23 +0100

Thanks! Would be great to see this feature soon!

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Jason Self <address@hidden> wrote:
Sarah asked:
> Is it possible to add a new custom food and manually enter the nutritional
> information? How to do this?
>
> Can I modify the nutritional information of an existing food?

Sure. There's no currently no way to do it from within GNUtrition but
everything is stored in the database so use any program that can work
with SQLite databases should work for you. Just edit the database directly.

I plan to add this ability to GNUtrition in a future version.

Database documentation can be found online at the USDA website:
http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=8964

--
Jason Self
Project Maintainer