help-gnustep

Re: Debugging a tool

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Debugging a tool
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:24:37 -0700

On Feb 24, 2007, at 3:15 PM, Timothy Larkin wrote:

I have built a tool. It compiles correctly. I can't run it as a normal program from the terminal, because a shared library, libgnustep-base.so.1.13, cannot be found. But I can run it through opentool. But when I do run it, it does nothing, which makes me want to debug it.

Sadly, I cannot get it to run under gdb, because of the shared library problem. The debugapp script doesn't work because the tool is not an application.

So how do I debug a tool?

If opentool works, you probably don't have the proper path setup. Try running GNUstep.sh:

.  /usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

Then you should be able to run gdb and fin base.