help-gnunet

Re: Are names unique in EGO?

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: Are names unique in EGO?
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 21:16:06 +0200

Hi!

Ego names are _locally_ unique for the individual user, not _globally_
within GNUnet. Not sure which kind of 'unique' you were asking about.

What you propose seems to be a migration path from GnuPG to GNS. In this
context, I would suggest you should try to find out what pEp is doing:
they have their own (way more complex) key management for e-mail
encryption, and they are _also_ starting to integrate GNS with pEp.
However, I don't know how/where/for what exactly they are integrating
GNS with pEp. Still, it would likely be a good idea to talk to them, and
to maybe look at Sequoia (https://sequoia-pgp.org/).

Happy hacking!

Christian