help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] From IRC chat: ng0 asked me to post problems with the

From: Garreau\, Alexandre
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] From IRC chat: ng0 asked me to post problems with the git docs.
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 18:06:24 +0200

Le 08/10/2018 à 08h57, Diagon a écrit :
> ---- On Sun, 07 Oct 2018 10:20:08 -0700 Garreau, Alexandre <address@hidden>
> wrote ----
>  > On 2018-10-07 at 09:42, Diagon wrote:
>  > > On Sun, 07 Oct 2018 00:19:00 -0700 Christian Grothoff wrote
>  > >> like the github repo Sva pointed you to, encouraging the use of
>  > >> non-free SaaS on top of it!).
>  > >
>  > > SaaS?  Could you let me know what you are referring to?
>  >
>  > https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html
>
> Allexandre - thanks, but my intended question was, what in that github
> link ([…])  is related to a SaaS?

I see nothing *in* it related to SaaSS, so it must be as I initially
guessed out: it encourages the use of Github, which not only is
proprietary software, but above all is a SaaSS (btw SaaS is “Software as
a Service”, while SaaSS is, more explicitely “Service as a Software
Substitude” (the formulation is the other way around)).

So even worse than only being proprietary software (at least a
proprietary software could be reverse-engineered and patched, limited
and/or sandboxed, while github can’t, even if it were free-software! and
even if it were free-software and/or reverse-engineered, we couldn’t
change it to suit our freedoms, since it’s not our software on our
computers, but Microsoft’s software, on Microsoft’s computer (or whoever
own these computers, doesn’t change anything to the issue))!