help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] Problems in setting up personal Gnuent network

From: Matthias Wachs
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Problems in setting up personal Gnuent network
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 17:44:10 +0100

On Tue, 2016-12-06 at 10:03 +0530, Srikanta Pradhan wrote:
> Hello Gnunet,
>
>  I am Srikanta Pradhan, doing research in peer to peer network. I am doing
>  Ph.D. under supervision of Dr. Somanath Tripathy, at Indian Institute of
>  Technology Patna, India. We are doing research in security vulnerability
>  assessment of different p2p network.
>
>  In our lab we are setting up P2P distributed network. We have picked
>  Gnunet for research network. We are trying to setup personal Gnunet
>  network in few systems of our lab. But there is a problem we are facing
>  and hope you can help us. We have tried to install gnunet in ubuntu 14.04
>  system to create a test bed in our lab. But could not achieved our
>  objective.

So _what is the problem_ you are facing?

>  So can you help us to achieve it?
>  1. What are the procedures of installing gnunet in my local private
>  network of lab so that it will be a stand alone network/testbed.

For generic instructions go to
https://gnunet.org/generic-installation-instructions
So for 14.04 you can head to:
https://gnunet.org/installing-gnunet-subversion-ubuntu-144

In addition you should focus on running a hostlist bootstrapping node:

https://gnunet.org/configuring-your-peer-provide-hostlist

and configure all your clients to use this hostlist server:

https://gnunet.org/configuring-hostlist-bootstrap

>  2. Our objective is not to connect to any nodes from internet.

The most viable way to do this is to have a strict separation between testbed
and other networks ... gnunet is eager for connectivity.

>  3. Is there any changes to make in configuration or other file ?

see above

>  4. Do we need any separate configuration to existing local network
> structure?
>
>  We will be very grateful for you help.
>

> With Regards

Best
-M

> Srikanta Pradhan
> Research Scholar
> Ph : 80188 44750

Dr. rer. nat. Matthias Wachs
Researcher

Technical University of Munich
Department of Informatics
Chair of Network Architectures and Services

Boltzmannstr. 3
85748 Garching, Germany

Tel. + 49 89 289 18037
Fax + 49 89 289 18030

address@hidden
https://net.in.tum.de/members/wachs/

OpenPGP fingerprint 4594 6915 BA9B 3886 A7A5  91E0 271E D86D 6F53 AD12