help-gnunet

[Help-gnunet] Indexing impossible : insertion forced

From: Milan
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Indexing impossible : insertion forced
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:58:32 +0200

Hi again !
I report you another problem... ;-)

When I try to index a file using gnunet-gtk, the status bar says "Updating XXX" then "Indexing file XXXX failed. Trying to insert..."

So I'm unable to simply index files...  Disk space is not the problem.
Note I'm not sure there are really inserted, since I don't find any way to check my indexed files (gnunet-stats doesn't tell anything). gnunet-gtk should (in the future...) list all that files and allow to remove them.

Also gnunet-insert has a bad estimation of needed time :
0 of 9495 bytes inserted (estimating 213503969307 days to completion)
That's a really little tweak, but I think it's good to note it...

By the way, couldn't gnunet-gtk show all the logs in a text view, i.e. in the 'General' tab, like eMule does ? And maybe hide outdated messages in the status bar like "Updating...".

All these are only ideas for future versions :-)

Thanks for all

---
Milan