help-gnunet

[Help-gnunet] Some questions

From: Tom Barnes-Lawrence
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Some questions
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 04:49:25 +0000

Hi, I've got a few:

 If I select content migration, then most blocks of search results and
content that pass through my node should end up stored in my database,
and if my node can respond to queries using those blocks, then I
get credit, right?

 And the fact that I'm on dial-up with dynamic-IP and only online
for some of the time shouldn't make my node any less likely to
receive requests for those blocks that end up migrating to it, right?

 I notice that the mimetype appears in search responses, and is used as
one of the keywords that libextractor adds when inserting content.
If a file has foo/bar as its mimetype, searches for foo or bar won't
*automatically* work, will they?

 Is that "content bloomfilter" purely for the root-nodes of the files
rather than the actual data blocks?
Because I inserted a 14 K (or so) test file today, and gnunet-stats
just shows *1* item added for the content bloomfilter.

The *keyword* bloomfilter shows lots of hits, misses and adds.
Furthermore, I'm downloading stuff. I keep expecting the migrated
content to show up in some way on the stats (like in the bloomfilter)

 Is there an up-to-date list of known bugs, so I can know which things
are worth mentioning? For instance, the 70K or so of warnings
accumulated in my logs.

Meh, could have sworn I had more questions... Oh well, maybe another time.

Tom Barnes-Lawrence