help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] Connection problems with gnunet

From: Thomas Formella
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Connection problems with gnunet
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 14:06:06 +0200

Christian Grothoff wrote:

Hi all!

This one has been reported a couple of times now. I can't reproduce it at all. It looks like a problem with OpenSSL (the 'all zeros' is a RIPE160 hash), but on the systems I use, this just does not happen. I would be very happy if anybody can find a system where this can be reproduced and investigate (or give access to another GNUnet developer to that system to conduct the investigation).

I have reported this as bug #282 to Mantis.

Christian

o.k., I guess I can reproduce the bug on *MY* system:

My system: SuSE 7.3, patched 2.4.10 Kernel with ReiserFS, gcc 2.95, openSSL 0.9.6b [9 Jul 2001], dial-in connection

When I'm using the contrib/autoinstall script offline (because of my dial-in connection), the 0000x error occurs, even when I copy hosts from the unzipped hosts.tar.gz into ~./gnunet/data/hosts after compilation. (when I look at the postings, the other users with this problem may did it the same way ?) When I'm using the script online, the output of the daemon seems to be okay ('#define DEBUGGING 1' in src/include/debugging.h uncommented). Is somebody so kind to try on his / her system under the same condition to confirm, because I may be wrong ? Besides this, I still have problems getting content out of GNUnet. I even wasn't able to recieve GPL yet, but I'll keep playing to get enough data for a detailed report ;-)

Regards and thanks for good work,
Thomas