help-gnucap

Re: jfet example

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Re: jfet example
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 19:52:06 +0100

On Sa, 15 Feb, 2020 at 17:30, Felix Salfelder <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 04:45:22PM +0100, Matthias Brennwald wrote:

On Sa, 15 Feb, 2020 at 15:57, Felix Salfelder <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

> $ git clone <<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnucap/gnucap-models.git>>

 Cloning into 'gnucap-models'...
 fatal: repository
'<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnucap/gnucap-models.git/>' not found

yikes. it's "git" not "cgit"

$ git clone <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/gnucap/gnucap-models.git>

Works, thanks!

I have already started playing around with your example, so here's a first question regarding the input voltage. You first set up the input voltage as "vin nin 0 sin f=1k amplitude=20 ac 1". - As far as I can tell, this gives 1 kHz sine with an amplitudie of +/- 20 V. What ist the "ac 1" part good for? - Later on, you apply different DC voltages to the input (".dc vin -24 24 4") --> does that delete the previous configuration of the input voltage? Where / how would I find this information in the Wiki manual? - Then you seem to apply an AC signal ranging from 1 Hz to 1 MHz to the input (".ac 1 1e6 * 10") --> how does Gnucap know that this AC sweep should be applied to the input? Where / how would I find this information in the Wiki manual?