help-gnucap

[Help-gnucap] getting started with gnucap

From: Patrick Mulder
Subject: [Help-gnucap] getting started with gnucap
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 11:46:55 +0100

Hello,

thanks Al and Guillherme for your simulation and GnuCap overview at Fosdem
yesterday in Brussels!

I think it might be interesting to experiment a bit more with circuits as
code, and for this I want to simulate some simple BJT based circuits (and
maybe compare to measurement with BJT 547 discrete transistors from Ebay).

Now, I was following the Hello World:
http://gnucap.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=gnucap:manual:examples:hello_world

1) As next step I want to replace the resistor by a diode and see the I-V
curve

For this input code:
gnucap> build
>Vd 1 0 10V
>D1 0 1 diode_dut

gnucap> list
Vd ( 1 0 )  DC  10.
D1 ( 0 1 )  diode_dut NA( 1.)
gnucap> probe op v(nodes)
D1: can't find: diode_dut

I get the error above.

2) How can I plot the the DC curves of the transistor ?

3) I think the Python based plot syntax of gnucap-python
https://github.com/henjo/gnucap-python looks interesting, or combined with
https://matplotlib.org/ maybe - but the Python plugin does not seem to work
with my current build.

Thanks for your help and feedback!