help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] spice models

From: Mogliii
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] spice models
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 23:46:25 +0100

OK, I got a bit closer to my aim.

I found this very helpful page: http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/SPICE/t1.html

Following this I made the following schematic:
http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mets09r/test3.sch

I copied the spice model I found here [1] into a subckt file
http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mets09r/LM317.subckt
and gave the LM317 the following attributes:
    device = LM317            (apparently not necessary)
    refdes = U1
value = LM317 (exactly the same as the .SUBCKT LM317 1 2 3 in spice file) file = LM317.subckt (file with spice model is located in same directory as sch file)

Now when I load it in gspiceui the netlist finds the spicefile and netlists all. But when I do the simulation I get the following console output:

    Gnucap 0.35
    The Gnu Circuit Analysis Package
    Never trust any version less than 1.0
    Copyright 1982-2006, Albert Davis
    Gnucap comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
    This is free software, and you are welcome
    to redistribute it under certain conditions
    according to the GNU General Public License.
    See the file "COPYING" for details.
    U1 3 2 1 LM317
                   ^ ? need 1 more nodes
    @@#
    @@@incomplete:d_logic.cc:73:parse_spice
    U1 3 2 1 LM317
                   ^ ? need more nodes
    U1 3 2 1 LM317
                   ^ ? need and,nand,or,nor,xor,xnor,inv
    J1 1 3 4 JN
    ^ ? illegal type
    .MODEL JN NJF(BETA=1E-4 VTO=-7)
                 ^ ? not implemented
    model  is not a logic family (LOGIC)

The J1 seems to be the problem?

Now my questions:
    1) Do I have to rewrite the spice model to work with gnucap?
2) gEDA includes the LM317 as symbol, but apparently no spice model? Is this correct?

I appreciate your help in advance

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.cad/browse_frm/thread/fbf84f10d86a4d23/e66bf3354362d541?q=LM317+spice+model&rnum=3#e66bf3354362d541