help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] inline comment delimiter

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] inline comment delimiter
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 23:11:13 -0400

On Thursday 10 September 2009, address@hidden wrote:
> I'm having a little trouble getting inline comments to work.
> According to the manual, "Anything on any line following a
>  quote is ignored.".  But the manual doesn't say whether to
>  use single or double quotes.

Where does it say that?  It's wrong.

Quoting in the middle of a line can't be a comment, because
quotes can enclose expressions.  Some versions of spice use it
that way, so gnucap must accept it that way.

There really isn't a general here-to-the-end-of-line comment.
There should be.  What it is would depend on what format you are
using ..(spice, spectre, verilog, ...)

> Can someone clear me up here?  I'm working on a tool to
>  automatically convert LTSpice models into Gnucap models, so
>  'just change it by hand' isn't a viable solution.  I need to
>  be able to choose the right delimiter in all cases.

Gnucap should be able to read LTspice netlists and models as is,
but I haven't looked at it to know if it really does.