help-gnubatch

[help-gnubatch] Gnubatch and LDAP?

From: Joshua Mitchell
Subject: [help-gnubatch] Gnubatch and LDAP?
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 10:30:55 +1000

Hi,

I have a system that I want to use gnubatch on, but all the users who
should have access to it are on LDAP, and gnubatch apparently can't see
them. If I try to gbch-uchange a particular user or submit a job on another
user's behalf, I get an error:

Unexpected user name `joshmitchell' - ignored

If I do a gbch-user, it tells me my username is u2805, not joshmitchell. It
looks like this username is persistent between SSH logins and different
between different users (though I haven't really tested this much), but if
I try to change something for u2805 I still get the unexpected user name
error.

gbch-uchange -R doesn't help things and gbch-ulist doesn't show any of the
LDAP users. I can log in as any of the LDAP users, and getent passwd shows
them all.

Is there a workaround or patch I can use or something?

Thanks,
Josh