Re: GTK+ appliations on KD3 (newbie question)

From: Henrik Carlqvist
Subject: Re: GTK+ appliations on KD3 (newbie question)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:30:36 +0200

"RKS" <rameshksun@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a KDE3 desktop environment on Suse Linux 9.1. I have also
> installed GTK-2.0. I am trying to develop gtk applications on KDE3. But
> I ran into problems trying to compile a simple file. All it has is
> "include <gtk/gtk.h>" (and an empty main function). The header file is
> present and gcc is able to find it. Yet there are more than 200 errors
> all related to parsing.
>
> I used
> gcc filename.c -o filename `pkg-config -cflags -libs` command.

I guess that should be something like:

gcc filename.c -o filename `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags --libs`

> My question is 1) Can I actually run gtk applications on KDE3.

Yes.

>                2) Am i missing some package required.

I can't say for sure as I have no experience from Suse and you didn't post
your errors. Usually, when compiling C, only the first errors are
interesting.

regards Henrik
hc8(at)uthyres.com Examples of addresses which go to spammers:
root@variousus.net root@localhost