Re: Any makefile gurus out there?

From: milkyway
Subject: Re: Any makefile gurus out there?
Date: 25 Oct 2005 14:53:52 -0700

Peter T. Breuer wrote:
> In comp.os.linux.development.system milkyway <d0mufasa@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > ## this file is input for automake and will generate Makefile.in
>
> So this is not a make question, it's an autoconf question.

I did not know it actually was til you mentioned it - I did not see
this line, I guess I was tired or something ;-(

> > soapC.cpp soapServer.cpp ns.nsmap ns.xsd calc.wsdl soapH.h calc.nsmap:
> > calculator.h
> >         soapcpp2 calculator.h
>
> Eh?? It makes a cpp from a .h? Shumeshing funnish.

Yes, it does exactly that - wierd but that is how it works.

> Anyway, add a line for the target you want to build with the compile
> line you want to build it with as the action. The dependencies will be
> the component parts of your target executable.
>
> But why are you looking at THIS file?

I had made changes to the Makefile* files that were generated. I had
changed "CC = gcc" to "CC = g++" literally everywhere but it didn't
work. The line I needed for g++ to take effect still kept showing gcc.