Re: generate date sequences

From: TBlittlefoot
Subject: Re: generate date sequences
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:26:14 -0700

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 11:21:35PM +0100, Colin S. Miller wrote:
> TBlittlefoot wrote:
> >><snip!>
> >

> >This person has multi-posted the same exact article on various
> >technical groups on the Usenet, and has received complete
> >scripts from several pros, seemingly not even bothering
> >to read any responses except conversational ones.
> >
> >Tom
> >

> Indeed he has, google groups found 8, including 2 to inappropriate
> groups. Just wish I saw your reply before I posted mine.

<shrug> Bet he can't tell a script from a horseshoe.

> for (( a=0 ; $a \< 10 ; a++ )) ;do date -d "5 april 2005 $a days";done

Nice little script, though, Colin. Much more efficient than
the one I worked out in my head using the days-between.sh
script in the ABS guide.

Never seen a bash script that reminded me so much of C.
Didn't realize you could do that with bash.

But I can't find a reference to "\<" in man bash. It's
not a typo, because the script works fine.

It appears to be a synonym for "<=", which also works,
but is that all it is? Would ">/" == "=>" too? I can't
think of a way to test that one off the top of my head.

Tom