Re: attempting to track down problem causing action.

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: attempting to track down problem causing action.
Date: 26 Aug 2005 10:05:13 -0400

%% "Larry W. Virden" <lvirden@gmail.com> writes:

  lwv> 1. I'm unable to locate a core dump in the tree anywhere.

You might have to change your ulimit; it might be disabling core files.
Try something like "ulimit -c unlimited".

ulimit -a should show you all your limits.

Anyway, it's not really appropriate to discuss proprietary apps on this
list.  Good luck with IBM :-/ :-).  You might try updating the patch
level in ClearCase.  The rest of ClearCase is very reliable, IME, but
I've had no end of problems with clearmake not working properly
(although it rarely dumps core; usually it just does the wrong thing).

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortel.com>           HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
        These are my opinions--Nortel takes no responsibility for them.