Gnu Interactive Tools: Shell Access

From: TBlittlefoot
Subject: Gnu Interactive Tools: Shell Access
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:43:20 -0700

Hello,

I really like GIT, but when I access its commandline or a
subshell (^O), I cannot use all of the aliases and functions
I have created and rely on.

I made my ~/.bashrc world readable-writable and put this in
/etc/bash.bashrc and /etc/profile and ~/.bashrc itself, and
it shows up when I run env from GIT, but no go:

export GIT_SHELL=/bin/bash --rcfile /home/tl/.bashrc

This happens whether I am in a plain tty, screen, or an
xterm.

There's nothing about it in the Info pages.

Running Debian here.

Any ideas?

Tom