Membership of BNHS

From: Bombay Natural History Society
Subject: Membership of BNHS
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:34:18 +0530

Sir / Madam,

We wish to introduce ourselves as one of the oldest and largest NGOs in India,
engaged in the conservation of nature and natural resources, education and
research in natural history.

 Our mission is "Conservation of Nature, primarily, Biological Diversity,
through Action based on Research, Education and Public awareness."

We believe that conservation must be based on scientific research, a tradition
exemplified by the eminent ornithologist Late Dr. Salim Ali.

Join us in our efforts by enrolling as a BNHS member.  Members can participate
in nature walks held every Sunday and nature camps to wild- life sanctuaries,
not only in India but also in foreign countries.  Members are also entitled to
the quarterly magazine 'Hornbill'.

Members requiring more technical and scientific inputs can subscribe to our
scientific publication, 'The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society'
which
is one of the most important Journals on natural history in Asia, indispensable
for the study of the Oriental flora and fauna.

For more details about the Society and its activities, you are welcome to visit
our web site www.bnhs.org.
 You can download the membership form and post it to us along with the
requisite fee.

We await your positive response.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,