problem with diffutils

From: Gary Heuston
Subject: problem with diffutils
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:24:12 -0600

Hello,
    I am new to the list, but have been using GNUsoftware for a while
now.  I have a bit of a problem with the diffutils package...
I am upgrading the diff packages on a DEC alpha OSF1 4.0D, and upon
compiling I ran into this error...

cc -c  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -g fnmatch.c
cc: Error: fnmatch.c, line 67: In this statement, "FNM_CASEFOLD" is not
declared.
      c = FOLD (c);
----------^
cc: Error: fnmatch.c, line 74: In this statement, "FNM_FILE_NAME" is not
declared.
          else if ((flags & FNM_FILE_NAME) && *n == '/')
----------------------------^
cc: Error: fnmatch.c, line 202: In this statement, "FNM_LEADING_DIR" is
not declared.
  if ((flags & FNM_LEADING_DIR) && *n == '/')
---------------^
*** Exit 1
Stop.

cut from the program directly,
this is line 67:

/* Note that this evalutes C many times.  */
#define FOLD(c) ((flags & FNM_CASEFOLD) && isupper (c) ? tolower (c) :
(c))

now I really don't know THAT much about C code unfortunately, but this
looks like an internal program bug to me.  Looking at the first
undeclared statement, FNM_CASEFOLD is only used once throughout the
entire program.  Is there a bug in this program or am I just missing
something (most likely)?

thanks in advance!
Gary
gary.heuston@afwa.af.mil