help-gnu-radius

AW: [Help-gnu-radius] gnu radius and SecurID

From: Suhr, Gunnar
Subject: AW: [Help-gnu-radius] gnu radius and SecurID
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:18:05 +0100

> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Suhr, Gunnar wrote:
>
> > How can i enable the SecurID-Support ?
>
> users:
>
> DEFAULT     Auth-Type = SecurID,

Yes, that's exactly what we have written in the users-file, but it doesn't work

-> Authentication type not supported

I've found the following article about gnu radius and SecurID :

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-radius/2002-06/msg00002.html

for this reason i tried the following command to verify the parameter
--enable-securid :

find . -exec grep -l -i 'securid' {} \;

-> with following output :

./raddb/dict/standard
./NEWS
./include/raddict.h
./radiusd/radck.c

if ./configure supports the parameter '--enable-securid', ./configure should be
in the above list.

have a look at ./radiusd/radck.c -> here i found the follow code-snip :

        case DV_AUTH_TYPE_SECURID:
                radlog_loc(L_ERR, loc,
                           "%s",
                           _("Authentication type not supported"));
                errcnt++;
                break;

and here is the message i've got, when i try to authenticate via SecurID ...

I think radius-1.2 has no support for SecurID.

Maybe i've made an mistake compiling the source ... Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks ... Gunnar