help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Several Problems with

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Several Problems with
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:24:51 +0200

Steven Glogger <address@hidden> wrote:

> if address@hidden dials in, we have this on raddb/realms:
>
> # Realm                 Remote server[:port]            flags
> #----------------       ---------------------           --------
> testrealm.com           localhost                       strip,ignorecase

That's wrong. You cannot redirect the received request to the server
itself, such requests will always fail. Use LOCAL instead:

# Realm                 Remote server[:port]            flags
#----------------       ---------------------           --------
testrealm.com           LOCAL                           strip,ignorecase

(It turned out that I forgotten to document this keyword)

> the connection to the database is made, and in raddb/users i have:
>
> DEFAULT Auth-Type = Local, Password-Location = SQL, Simultaneous-Use = 2
>         Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>         Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
>         Idle-Timeout = 1800,
>         Port-Limit = 2,
>         Session-Timeout = 86400

The entry is perfectly OK. Try manually connecting to the database and
executing the 'auth_query' with "testuser" instead of %u. Does it return
the correct password?

> the second problem is, that when a  correct configured client (e.g. nas)
> uses a secred-key for auth to the radius-server he has some problems with
> the key.

What type of NAS is it?

Regards,
Sergey