help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] configure --with-mysql

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] configure --with-mysql
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:38:51 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Greg G wrote:

> I think I found a problem in the configure script.  I didn't have a
> libmysql anywhere in the path, but the configure script didn't bail
> out.  I assume that's a problem. :)

I'll leave that question to Sergey.

> I fixed that by installing mysql, but now I have a different problem.  I
> have no idea how to configure the radiusd to actually *use* mysql.  The
> radiusd man page refers to config(5rad), but I can't see anywhere that
> said page is being created.

You've read the manual and been unable to set it up?
http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_chapter/radius_5.html#SEC120

The manual walks you step by step through setup of a database to
authenticate off of. Let me know if you got stuck somewhere in particular
though. Is your mysql server started?

Gerald