help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Multiple SQL Servers / Feature Request?

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Multiple SQL Servers / Feature Request?
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 12:07:21 +0300

Hi Lewis,

> My goal this week is to complete  round-robin MySQL replication using
> three MySQL hosts ( two of which also will run GnuRadius (the second one
> is available in the event the first one was to crash or if I take it down
> for maintenance ))

I see. Take a look at the following URL:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-radius/2003-04/msg00072.html

It may give you some hints.

> I dug around at
> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/radius/  a bit trying to find out more
> about the upcoming release 1.0 and was unable to find out anything more..
> Are there other significant changes that will be included? Thank you for
> your help.

Well, actually this is a major rewrite aimed to optimize performance
and make the SQL connections more stable. Instead of spawning a child
process for each incoming request (like the 0.96 series does), the
main server keeps a pool of subprocesses and acts as a dispatcher
among them.

Among the most significant changes the new release allows to have several
radius servers per a realm, it includes lots of improvements in
extension mechanisms and provides the new extension method `filter'.

Regards,
Sergey