help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Keepalive Packets confusion

From: Andrew Kohlsmith
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Keepalive Packets confusion
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 08:24:09 -0400

> > What I intend on doing is a housekeeping cron job that marks any '1'
> > statuses to '2' if the row time is greater than something like 2x the
> > timeout value.  That should work as well, shouldn't it?

> Yes, provided that all the sessions are restricted by a certain
> timeout.

No session has a timeout -- I was (hoping) to use the keepalives to detect
when I didn't catch a user going offline -- I was under the impression that
keepalive packets would be sent for every active user, so if your row time
was older than the keepalive time, the connection was stale and we somehow
didn't see them log off (ACCT STOP packet)...  is this correct?

Regards,
Andrew