help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Gnu-radius under RedHat 7.1

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Gnu-radius under RedHat 7.1
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:04:43 +0300

> When I run radtest I've got:
> ERROR: Unbound variable: format

This is an error produced by libguile. It indicates that your system
uses an obsolete version of guile (presumably 1.3). Please upgrade to
guile 1.4. Note that guile is used only by the test suite, it does not
affect the functionality of the daemon itself.

> I would like to know if this version is stable enough to use on a production
> environment under RedHat 7.1 and Postgresql 7.1 and what is the best
> way to compile and install it.

Yes it is.  The best way to compile it depends on your actual
configuration. Usually ./configure --enable-sql=postgres is
enough. Depending on where you have installed postgres you may need
to specify --enable-add-libs and/or --enable-add-includes, for
example:

  ./configure --enable-sql=postgres \
              --enable-add-libs='-L/usr/local/share/pgsql/lib' \
              --enable-add-includes='-I/usr/local/share/pgsql/include'

There is no need to specify --enable-add.. switches if postgres is
installed on its default location (/usr/local/pgsql).

Regards,
Sergey