Size of startup files

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Size of startup files
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 09:42:17 -1000

Aloha,

This is just a 'curiosity' question as I wonder if I am off
the deep end even for an Emacs user, which would be really
saying something.

I just took a quick look and found that my startup files
(called from .emacs and so on) amount to about 5,000 lines of
elisp.  Of course I comment extensively but at least half of
this or more is actual code.

This has built up over a period of many years.  It may serve
to validate something someone said, more or less that 90% of
Emacs users customize their setup a lot, and the other 10%
customize their setup REALLY a lot.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i