Parsing JDT:// scheme in Eglot

From: Husain Alshehhi
Subject: Parsing JDT:// scheme in Eglot
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 20:07:10 +0000

Hello,

I have not seen anything related to this issue in this mailing list.

I am using eglot with [JDT] for LSP support. It is working, mostly: it is able
to locate definitions and help. It is able to find references as well. The
issue is that if the definition is in a dependency, eglot does not show the
definition.

After investigating the issue, this appears to be because JDT returns paths on
the format `jdt://' which eglot is not able to interpret. Eglot takes them as
normal files, opens them, which end up to be an empty file (since it does not
correspond to a file in the filesystem.)

This appears to be an issue solved in lsp-java by writing some [special parser]
for JDT scheme. nvim-jdtls seems to have done [something similar] (I am not
certain of this since I do not use nvim.)

How to enable this support in eglot?

I did see a [discussion on github] about warning about this issue in the log,
and it refers to [a commit on emacs] and the bug [58790]. My understanding of
LSP protocol details is small to understand what is going on here.

Thanks,
Husain

[JDT] <https://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.jdt.ls>

[special parser]