RE: [External] : Re: filemananger for emacs with meta information about

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: filemananger for emacs with meta information about a file without opening it
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 16:00:02 +0000

> Indeed I came across bookmark+ and dired+
> When I started bookmark+ it looked (shockingly) different 🙃

What shocks you?

The bookmark-list display looks a bit different
from vanilla bookmark.el.  Behavior of Bookmark+
is a superset of vanilla (additional features).
Vanilla bookmarks work with Bookmark+.

> The most important question is. Is there anyway to indicate
> in dired+ that a given file has a bookmark annotate entry?

Neither Bookmark+ nor Dired+ changes your file
names, and you needn't use any particular file
naming convention.

Autofiles can be highlighted specially in Dired,
and the highlighting indicates whether the file
is tagged.  Screenshot:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DrewsEmacsDiredAutofiles

Bookmarks need not have annotations.  Bookmark+
enhancements to annotations are described here:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BookmarkPlus#BookmarkAnnotations

___

Other URLs about this stuff:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BookmarkPlus#AutofileBookmarks