Re: Eager macro-expansion failure

From: Evan Aad
Subject: Re: Eager macro-expansion failure
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 15:12:43 +0200

There is no init file in any of the locations mentioned in the first
paragraph of the following article:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Init-File.html
or in the second and third paragraphs of the following article:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Find-Init.html

In other words, there is no file named ~/.emacs, ~/.emacs.el,
~/.emacs.d/init.el, ~/.config/emacs/init.el

Furthermore, my user-emacs-directory variable is set to ~/.emacs.d/
and there is no file named .emacs, .emacs.el, init.el, default.el or
site-start.el under this directory nor under the directories ~/ and
~/.config

Moreover, in the directory /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp there is
just a single item: a directory named libidn/ and inside it there are
just two items, named idna.el and punycode.el

Could there be an init file somewhere else? If so, is there an easy
way to find it? The value of my load-path variable is very long. It
would be very tedious to visit every directory listed there manually,
and I'm not savvy enough to write code to automate this task.