Re: crash-proof emacs use

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: crash-proof emacs use
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 09:32:42 +0200

On 2022-09-12, at 04:13, Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> wrote:

> suppose you want to move something from one place to another.  in org,
> you can often use org-refile.  that is more or less an atomic
> operation.  but suppose that for whatever reason you cannot do that,
> so you use traditional emacs.

> [...]

That is a _very_ interesting idea!  I might be tempted to code something
like this (assuming nobody did it earlier, which would not surprise me).

That said, for a similar reason (it is easy to delete something in Org
and not notice because of all the hiding), I developed a habit of
committing my org-mode files to Git (almost) every day (at least 0.8
times per day on average, to be more precise).  That helps.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl