Re: completing-read depricated initial-input

From: Anders Munch
Subject: Re: completing-read depricated initial-input
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 13:17:47 +0000

Emanuel Berg wrote:
> On the contrary, it's _vertical_ and known as linear or sequential search.

Don't be condescending.
Especially since you are technically wrong <wink>: For it to be a _search_ you
need to be searching for something.  I was just walking through the entries one
by one.

What I saw was in file order, but not including every symbol in the file: Every
class name was there, but not every method name.  The missing methods might
have shown up further down the sequence, but I did not take the time to M-n
through every single entry to see if that would happen, since there's 145,827
entries in the particular TAGS file.

regards, Anders