Re: whitespace-mode deactivated at end of line

From: goncholden
Subject: Re: whitespace-mode deactivated at end of line
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 03:03:20 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Friday, June 10th, 2022 at 7:31 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 18:22:36 +0000
> > From: goncholden via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
> > help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> >
> > I am visualising withspace with (global-whitespace-mode)
> >
> > Trailing spaces are coloured in red, but when I put the cursor at the end
> > of the line, the red whitespace
> > background is being modified to black for a black theme.
>

> The red background that highlights trailing whitespace disappears when
> the cursor is at the end of such a line, and that's feature: if Emacs
> didn't behave like that, each time you type a space at the end of a
> line you'd get it highlighted in red, which is an annoyance when you
> type.

I grasp that now.  Not really a problem.  Would like to ask for a function of
two that can set the background colour used for the whitespace styles defined
by the mode.  Additionally, how about improving the default background colour
contrast with the background colour of the theme (whether light on dark).  For
tabs, the contrast is quite low.  Can only see the tab-mark actually!