Re: Fwd: How do I go about debugging my Elisp code?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Fwd: How do I go about debugging my Elisp code?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 15:56:22 +0100

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> * Davin Pearson <davin.pearson@gmail.com> [2022-01-13 04:27]:
>> http://davinpearson.nz/binaries/dmp-padderise2.el
>
> After the first review of that file, I can see "Copyright" related to
> your name. However, that makes the software proprietary.

Nonsense.  It is perfectly fine to have individual authors and
contributors as copyright holders.  Only if a package wants to become
part of emacs (GNU ELPA), one has to assign the copyright to the FSF.
But it would still be fine for NonGNU ELPA if it had a proper license
statement (which is the actual missing part).

However, that file is basically a demo for debugging by adding a printed
message after each line with no intention of becoming part of emacs, so

Bye,
Tassilo