Re: Building --with-native-compilation on Ubuntu 18.04 LT

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: Building --with-native-compilation on Ubuntu 18.04 LT
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 21:49:29 +0100

>> From: "H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> Date: Wed,
>> 12 Jan 2022 20:57:07 +0100
>>
>> I'd like to compile Emacs with the --with-native-compilation
>> support.  But configure was complaining about a missing libgccjit
>> executable.  I thought it a good idea to install libgccjit with the
>> same version number as the installed gcc: libgccjit-7-dev.
>>
>> But now configure is complaining that libgccjit can't compile a
>> test program.

EZ> What exactly is the error message in config.log that corresponds
EZ> to this test?

I reported the very same error in this list.

I think that the problem might be in the place where some files are
stored in Ubuntu.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO