Re: Dired command on same host

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: Dired command on same host
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 10:33:04 +0100

> Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> writes:
>
> Hi everybody,
>
>>> ssh is able to identify the host using host keys:
>>>
>>> /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ed25519_key.pub
>>> /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub
>>
>> Thanks, these can be accessed via ssh-keyscan. Will use it in Tramp.
>
> I've implemented a proof-of-concept, see appended patch to
> tramp-sh.el. It is towards Emacs 29.0.50, but might also apply for Emacs
> 28.0.90 (for testing). After loading Tramp, there is a new user option
> tramp-use-scp-direct-remote-copying which must be set to non-nil.
>
> Direct scp copying between two remote servers shall happen then. Could
> people test it? Setting tramp-verbose to 6 shall show the scp command in
> the debug buffer, like in my case

Hi Michael,

I've tested it with tramp-use-scp-direct-remote-copying to t and
tramp-verbose to 6 but it does not work for me: it still use the method
via a file in /tmp (which fills up my /tmp with a big file). Sorry,
there is not much more to say.

In the meantime, I was trying to implement a new "scp -3" method into
tramp but I'm slow to catchup with the tramp codebase :)
--
Manuel Giraud