Re: File for minor mode not found

From: Tomas
Subject: Re: File for minor mode not found
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 23:10:54 +0100

On Sun, Jan 09, 2022 at 10:49:58PM +0100, fatiparty@tutanota.com wrote:

> Jan 9, 2022, 16:50 by tomas@tuxteam.de:

[...]

> >> test.el
> >> *******
> >>   (add-to-list
> >>       'load-path
> >> "~/Admin/bin/gadi-1.0/typex/ziggurat-protowrit/daph-ideograms")
> >>    ;; Load the Daph Package if it has not already been loaded.
> >>    (require 'daph "daph-ideograms")
> >>
> >> --------
> >>
> >> My load path is quite long, and wonder how this can be shortened by
> >> storing in some other variable
> >> before passing to 'add-to-list'.
> >>

> > I don't quite understand your last sentence. What is it you are trying
> > to shorten -- and how?
> >
> I want to keep within 72 characters on the line.  I could store the first
> part
>  '~/Admin/bin/gadi-1.0/typex/ziggurat-protowrit/' in some variable, and find
> some
> way to add the complete path for 'add-to-list'.

Ah -- it's about the (string) length of that path element, not about the
(list) length of the whole load-path.

Well, typically some prefix of the path element has a significance. Say,
for example "~/Admin/bin/gadi-1.0" be gadi-files or so. That's the way I
usually do it.

Bonus points: you only get to change one when that changes :-)

Cheers