Custom for quit-window?

From: Ergus
Subject: Custom for quit-window?
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 19:05:21 +0100

Hi:

Is it there a "simple method" to make quit-window to kill the buffer
without needing a prefix?

When working with 10 files and using dired, help and some other
special-mode derived buffers it becomes awkward to have 10 working files
and 15 random noisy buffers that makes "C-x <right>"" navigation
useless and "C-x b" harder to read.

Such simple custom option I am pretty sure has been deserved by someone
before, and a simple approach may be to remap quit-window to something
like:

(defun my/quit-window (&optional kill window)
  (interactive "P")
  (quit-window t window))

But I am wondering if it is so simple why isn't there an option for
that. Is there any very bad side effect on this?

Another alternative is to hide/filter buffers using a regex or so, but
IMHO it is like hiding the real issue under the carpet.

Thanks in advance,
Ergus