Re: Default branch selection for nongnu elpa packages

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Default branch selection for nongnu elpa packages
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 13:03:06 -0500

Étienne Deparis [2022-01-05 11:30:35] wrote:
> First of all, it’s my first message on this list, I hope I don’t make
> any mistake by selecting this mailing list instead of another.  I take it
> as it is listed as "help list" on the nongnu elpa page.

This is a users mailing list, so it's more when you want help from
other users.

> Now I’m willing to switch the default branch of that package from master
> to main. From what I read on the melpa repository, it’s automatic on
> their side. However as it seems that nongnu elpa is different than
> melpa, I’d like to check with anyone involved in nongnu elpa that this
> change will also be transparent on your side. Or if it is not, let you
> know that you should target now the main branch. There is no hurry right
> now as I’ll continue to support both branch for some times.

It should just work, yes.  If you want to get rid of the doubt, you can
check https://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu-devel/<PKG>.html to see if the new
commits on the new branch appear as they should (tho remember it can
take ~12h for that to happen), or you can ask me to double check what
the cron jobs on `elpa.(non)gnu.org` say.

        Stefan