Re: emojis not colored

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: emojis not colored
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 09:56:41 +0100

    Colin> Copyright (c) 2000-2014 by George Williams. See AUTHORS for
Contributors.
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
    Colin>  with many parts BSD <http://fontforge.org/license.html>. Please
read LICENSE.
    Colin>  Based on sources from 20170812-ML-D.
    Colin>  Based on source from git with hash:
    Colin> Attempt to unget two characters
    Colin> CHECKING     NotoColorEmoji.ttf
    Colin> This font contains neither "CFF " nor "glyf"/"loca" tables
    Colin> The following table(s) in the font have been ignored by FontForge
    Colin>   Ignoring 'CBDT'
    Colin>   Ignoring 'CBLC'
    Colin> No (useable) bitmap strikes in this TTF font:
/home/redknight/.fonts/noto/NotoColorEmoji.ttf
    Colin> Couldn't find a font file named
/home/redknight/.fonts/noto/NotoColorEmoji.ttf
    Colin> NotoColorEmoji.ttf is not in a known format (or uses features of
that format fontforge does not support, or is so badly corrupted as to be
unreadable)
    Colin> Open: Failed to open: NotoColorEmoji.ttf

    Colin> Possibly my Debian version is too old.

I get the same on my working NotoColorEmoji.ttf, so I suspect that
fontlint just doesnʼt understand colour fonts (the "CB" in "CBDT" and
"CBLC" stands for "colour bitmap")

Robert