Re: Starting Emacs (For Mac OS X) from the command line

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Starting Emacs (For Mac OS X) from the command line
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 23:46:34 +0900

> On Nov 4, 2021, at 23:09, Johannes Brauer <brauer@nordakademie.de> wrote:
>

>> Am 04.11.2021 um 14:57 schrieb Jean-Christophe Helary
>> <lists@traduction-libre.org>:
>>

>>> On Nov 4, 2021, at 22:35, Johannes Brauer <brauer@nordakademie.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Warning: arch-dependent data dir
>>> '/Users/build/workspace/Emacs-Multi-Build/label/macos10.14/emacs-source/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/libexec/':
>>>  No such file or directory
>>>
>>> How can I get rid of it?
>>
>> By creating it ?
> I cannot imagine that this could be a reasonable solution. What could be the
> content of that file?

Just "touch" the directory, since it seems to be a directory.

I checked on my side and MacOS/libexec does not seem to contain extremely
important files:
/MacOS/libexec/rcs2log

this is a "RCS to ChangeLog generator"

/MacOS/libexec/hexl
/MacOS/libexec/Emacs.pdmp

Those 2 are binary files.

So, yes, just "touch" the directory and restart Emacs.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com