I use emacsclient for several days. It doesn't work reliably.

From: zhanghj
Subject: I use emacsclient for several days. It doesn't work reliably.
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 18:59:38 +0800

I start emacs server with systemd. I use emacsclient for several days. It doesn't work reliably.

There are 3 problems until now.

1. font-lock works abnormally.

Colors are right after a file being opened. But new text I inserted into the buffer are not font-locked.

If I turn off font-lock-mode and then turn on it, the colors become right.

2. company-mode works abnormally.

After I select a completion item, It inserts messy text into buffer.

3. theme loading problem.

In my emacs configuration, It loads a color theme after startup. But the colors are not all right. Some colors (background color) are not right. I have to load the same theme again in emacsclient and the colors become right.

I have add an env of "TERM=xterm-256" to emacs.service.

------

OS: GNU/Linux (centos 7 x86_64)

Emacs: 26.3 nox

I used to use emacs(no server) with the same configurations everyday for many years, and have never meet these problem. Is there any limit for emacsclient or C/S mode?