Re: [External] : Re: help doesn't buttonize some functions

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: help doesn't buttonize some functions
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 03:55:20 +0200

Drew Adams wrote:

>>> The likely reason is that otherwise stuff gets buttonized
>>> that shouldn't be.
>>
>> What stuff?
>
> Dunno. I gave you the key. Unlock and see for yourself, if
> you're curious.

I don't think people use `this' notation so often so "false
buttons" I don't think will be be a concern, but if it is,
cannot one simply look for a symbol, if it exists or not?
As there isn't a `this' symbol here, it doesn't have to
be buttonized, can't one do it like that, simply/better?

Let's confirm with (symbolp 'this) ; t

Hm ... maybe one can just use `when'?

> Or wait for Emacs 28.

Well, good that "they" fixed it but please tell me what
version number Emacs 28 will start on since mine

  GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo
  version 1.16.0) of 2021-08-27

is somewhere in (27, 28) limbo.

--
underground experts united