Re: [Q] How to make text invisible without modifying the buffer?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [Q] How to make text invisible without modifying the buffer?
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 02:01:35 +0200

Rodrigo Morales wrote:

> To begin writing this mode, I was wondering: How to make
> a line invisible? and came up with the following expression
> which accomplishes that
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC elisp (put-text-property (point-at-bol) (+
> (point-at-eol) 1) 'invisible t) #+END_SRC
>
> The problem with this expression is the fact that it
> modifies the current buffer and I don't want this to happen

`narrow-to-region'?

  Restrict editing in this buffer to the current region.
  The rest of the text becomes temporarily invisible and
  untouchable but is not deleted; if you save the buffer in
  a file, the invisible text is included in the file. C-x
  n w makes all visible again.

Flirting with not disaster perhaps but ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal