Re: Find the longest word in the word list file.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Find the longest word in the word list file.
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 12:53:45 +0800

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 12:38 PM Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> C is like the Roman Empire. Lisp is Egypt, or Greece perhaps.
> Some would say Egypt was cooler and Greece more brilliant than
> Rome but they both eventually became Roman provinces.
> It doesn't mean their influences stopped when that happened or
> that they seized to exist, right?

Right.

> Or is that actually what happened?
>
> To Lisp I mean?

Whether we realize it or not, the ultimate winner is elegant and
advanced ideas. As for what a language is called, it doesn't matter.
Emacs survived till now, it shows that its inherent advanced ideas are
not out of date, even still beyond the current concepts that have been
implemented in other languages, which makes it last forever, keep pace
with the times, self-development, and never stop.

Best, Hongyi