Re: [External] : Find the longest word in the word list file.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: [External] : Find the longest word in the word list file.
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 21:32:41 +0800

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 6:06 PM <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 11:52:58AM +0200, Arthur Miller wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> Always fun to see how different people go about such a thing :-)

Awesome! Thank you and Arthur. Got the idea. And I tried the version
given by Arthur, which works like a charm. The following is the result
given by the code:

"correspond with someone about someone or something correspond with
someone about someone or something"

The above result is exactly the same as the one returned by the
following UNIX command:

$ awk '{print length($0),$0}'
Public/repo/github.com/hongyi-zhao/english-wordlist.git/american-english-exhaustive
| \
   sort -k1n | tail -1
101 correspond with someone about someone or something correspond with
someone about someone or something

Regards,
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province