Re: gnutls and `erc-tls' (was: Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprec

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: gnutls and `erc-tls' (was: Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated)
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 00:02:01 +0200

> But during installation, at configuration it complained that
> gnutls wasn't available. I installed the \*gnutls\* packs
> from the Debian repos, and the configuration didn't
> complain. The rest of the installation went fine.
>
> But now, it seems I can't connect to IRC! Failed on two
> servers, it doesn't get by the "Opening connection.." stage.
>
> I do (did) that with `erc-tls', so it makes sense it
> is related.

I solved the above issue by setting the `erc-port' to the
SSL/TLS customary 6697, and now it works - so the whole thing
probably wasn't related to the installation, it just looked
that way.

  (setq erc-port 6697)

With these commands there is no trouble whatsoever getting and
installing Emacs, just like last time - I just had to change
the commands a bit :)

#! /bin/zsh
#
# this file: