Re: To use " emacs " on business

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: To use " emacs " on business
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 18:51:26 +0300

あなたが望むどんな目的のためにもそれを自由に使うことができます。

* 今川陽裕 <imagawaa@fsi.co.jp> [2021-07-29 16:41]:
> Hi.
> I have a question.
>
> Is it possible to use " Adobe AIR " for free ?

Even if possibly gratis, or free of charge, I believe that Adobe AIR
is proprietary program.

> I want to use " emacs " on business. ( production purpose )
>
> Does it cost to use " emacs " on business ?

You are free to use Emacs for any purpose, please see the licensing
terms by clicking C-h C-c

It is free software in the sense of freedom, not necessarily money. As
somebody could offer you support or could even sell GNU Emacs to
you. People are free to sell software, but if they do, they have to
give you same licensing rights that you can use the software for
whatever purpose you wish and want.

That is the beauty of free software -- use it for whatever purpose you
wish.

You may voluntarily donate to FSF or Free Software Foundation
https://www.fsf.org any time you wish to contribute to more free
software support and creation.

--
Jean