Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 09:04:59 +0800

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 11:56 PM Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:

> > > Try just Isearch.  Search for `(require . cl)' (note the dot).
> >
> > Do you mean: `M-x isearch-forward RET (require . cl) RET'?
>
> `C-s (require . cl)'
>
> > I tried the above command under `.emacs.d/straight/repos' directory,
> > but it doesn't give any results.
>
> If cl.el[c] was loaded, then I'd expect that fact
> to be recorded in `load-history'.  Why you're not
> finding it there, I don't know.  If it's in fact
> not there then I don't know why that's the case
> either.
>
> > > If you have a library `foo.el' in directory
> > > `/some/dir/somewhere/', where `foo.el' requires
> > > library cl then you'll find a sexp such as this:
> > >
> > >  ("/some/dir/somewhere/foo.el"
> > >   (require . cl)
> > >   ...)
> > >
> > > You may well have loaded multiple libraries that
> > > require cl.  You may be interested in all of them,
> > > but the first one is likely the one that loaded
> > > cl.el[c].
> > >
> > > (Searching `C-h v load-history' in *Help* is
> > > harder, because it may split `(require 'cl)' across
> > > two lines.)
> >
> > If so, the spanning line pattern should do the trick. Am I right?
>
> Yes. `C-M-s' for this in *Help* for `C-h v load-history'.

Based on the guidance here [1], I tried the following two commands:

 C-M-s                   incremental forward search matching regexp
 C-M-r                   incremental backward search matching regexp

And it seems that, by default, the `C-M-r' is bound to
isearch-backward-regexp, while `C-M-s' is not bound to
isearch-forward-regexp.

> (require[
>  ]+[.][
>  ]+cl)

[1] https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/RegularExpression

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province