Re: Let `package-install-selected-packages' install packages without ask

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Let `package-install-selected-packages' install packages without asking for confirmation.
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 02:08:02 +0200

On a related note, I use “(package-install 'X)” in my Emacs configuration files which spits out “‘X’ is already installed” for every package on launch. It is no big deal, but it would be great if Emacs included “package-install-if-needed” or perhaps some argument on “package-install” to stay quiet if no work is necessary. Clearly, “(unless (package-installed-p X) (package-install X))” is a common pattern.

R+

Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:

[snip]

(dolist (p packages-to-install) (unless (package-installed-p p) (package-install p)))

--
"Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic." -- Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> Studenohorská 25 84103 Bratislava Slovakia [he/him]